Wednesday, January 12, 2022

Realize the Time Lost


I just can’t go to work today. I’m

Having chills, fever, coughing, weak,

Headaches, loss of appetite, congestion.

 

So I’m lying down on the sofa with my

Favorite afghan I had crocheted. Use of

Over the counter products help ease the

Suffering and pain better. When I’m hungry

I take in fluids, soup, soft foods and crackers.

Course I need my soda to stay hydrated.

 

I learned how to care for myself from the

Many medical hospital procedures I had,

And what foods they served; and that they

Also monitor our vitals.

 

This week off taught me that I miss many

Days at home as a working mother and that

God sees to it that we need rest. I loved every

Minute at home this week-even though I

Was sick.

 

Next week is back to the same grind day in and

Day out. Working in such a fast lane that we do

Not realize our lost time of the home life!

 

 

Carol Kappes

2022

No comments: